8 years system administrator experience with open source technologies
5 years experience in operating a 24/7 business-critical online service
Analytical problem-solver, able to anticipate issues and plan ahead with infrastructure and software related decisions
English fluent speaking, Hungarian mother tongue
2016. – : Australian Semiconductor Technology Company
- Operating the company’s in-house and global server and office infrastructure.
- Coming soon. 🙂
2012. – 2016: Plex Online Kft.
- Single handedly operating the company’s and it’s customers’s (including Adverticum) infrastructure, consisting of about 200 GNU/Linux and OpenBSD based servers.
- Planned, coordinated and executed the migration of the whole infrastructure to another datacenter while keeping the services operational, including Adverticum’s adServer.
- Introduced Ceph and KVM during the migration to increase the redundancy of the virtualisation stack.
- Extended Puppet with Ansible and FAI to automate the installation of new virtual of physical servers.
2010. – 2012.: Adverticum Zrt
The company is delivering more than half of Hungary’s online advertising content, almost 16 billion views a month.
- Single handedly operating the infrastructure, approximately 100 servers behind Adverticum’s adServer hardware and software wise.
- Introduced Puppet for system administrator tasks to automate the initial setup of freshly installed system and keep configuration consistent. Later Puppet was adopted by the developers to deploy adServer related services.
- Consolidated the virtualisation stack by migrating the virtual machines from LXC and KVM to the Xen hypervisor.
- Reduced hardware rental costs 25% by upgrading to newer hardware, optimising resource usage and decommissioning unnecessary servers
2008. – 2010.: Fotexnet Kft.
Operating and developing the company and the group’s (Fotex Holding SE) information infrastructure.
- Operating the in-house datacenter of 50 servers
- Maintaining the group’s Microsoft Windows an Mac OS X workstation networks with 10 to 50 endpoints at various locations in the capital and the country
- Planned and oversaw the move of Hungaroton’s central office to a new location
- Looked up external providers and prepared the migration of Ajka Kristaly’s Novell/DOS based infrastructure to GNU/Linux and Microsoft Windows while keeping their self-developed DOS based management software operational
2009. – present: Zrínyi Miklós National Defence University, Doctoral School of Military Engineering
- Defense electronics, information technology and communication course
- Thesis: The effect of information on the security of the 21st century
2003. – 2008: Zrínyi Miklós National Defence University, Kossuth Lajos Faculty of Military Science
- Security and Defence Policy Programme, full time training
Date, place of birth: 12. 12. 1984., Budapest
Marital status: married
Hobbies: off-road driving
LinkedIn profile: https://hu.linkedin.com/in/mategabri